Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Seeing this more and more

    Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Jimi

Verified
Verified Member
Trade Enabled
Joined
Feb 9, 2025
Messages
2,854
Offline
And it's a good thing,



Let me make something VERY clear. I don't care what you think, and I don't care what anybody else thinks. I'm telling MY story.
In 2015, I was diagnosed with COPD. At that time, I was a retired respiratory therapist.
In 2015, I made a decision. I quit smoking cigarettes and switched to vaping nicotine.
I have been vaping ever since.
Now, here's where I have a question.
I was diagnosed with COPD. I spent seven years working in respiratory therapy. I understand the respiratory system, I understand lung disease, and I understand that what we put into our lungs matters.
Yet here I am, years later, sharing my experience and questioning what I've been told about vaping.
So somebody explain this to me.
Are we being told the whole story about vaping? Are we distinguishing between the risks of smoking combustible cigarettes and the risks of vaping? Or are we lumping everything together and expecting people to accept it without asking questions?
I'm not claiming my personal experience proves vaping is safe. I know that doesn't establish cause and effect. And I know COPD doesn't simply disappear because someone changes one habit.
But I believe people should be allowed to ask questions, share their experiences, and have honest conversations without being called stupid or crazy.
I quit smoking cigarettes in 2015. I made a different choice, and I've lived with that choice ever since.
I'm a former respiratory therapist. I'm a person with my own lived experience. And I'm not going to pretend my questions don't exist just because somebody might not like them.
So go ahead. Disagree with me if you want.
But don't tell me I shouldn't be allowed to question things.
Because asking questions isn't ignorance. And sharing my story isn't the same thing as telling everyone else what to do.
COPD #VapingDiscussion #QuitSmoking #RespiratoryHealth #FormerRespiratoryTherapist #VapingDebate #MyPersonalExperience #AskQuestions #SmokingVsVaping #SpeakYourTruth


May be an image of text
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Happy New Year!!!
christmas-tree
Back
Top