Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What are you havin for dinner?

    Nobody is reading this thread right now.
I keep all my Food Babe cookbooks right on my kitchen counter because honestly, I cook from them all the time!

They’re filled with recipes my family loves and actually eats at home, so I’m constantly pulling one out to make one of our favorites.

And this recipe from my new cookbook, Food Babe Feast, is one I’m going to turn to again and again.

It’s sticky, sweet, smoky, and absolutely delicious. Everyone asks for seconds!

Wait until you see how easy it is:

WATCH ME MAKE IT!
 
I don't know of anybody who loves Mondays. A lovely breakfast-lunch can help redeem it.

I had HEB store made creamy tomato basil soup, plus some fresh organic herbs I brought home from the intown farmers market. The biscuit is a leftover Cheddar Bay biscuit I brought home from Red Lobster last night. I split it and melted some cheese on top.

I didn't actually eat these honkin' branches of herb. Just floated them in and dipped up the soup around them. The flavor got in, no worries. I did strip off a few thyme leaves to add to the biscuit.

Tomato soup n cheese biscuit 28Sep26.webp

Monday is all better now.
 
Here's a good recipe to tuck away

You can’t really go wrong with broth-based soups when you’re sick, but there are some that work faster and more effectively than others because of the healing nature of their ingredients.

The healing soup recipe below is a real crowd-pleaser that is super tasty and extremely good for you...

Cornucopia Soup

The Italian herbs in this recipe are famous for their ability to open up your respiratory system while soothing the lining of your throat and any chest congestion. The turmeric and black pepper duo work together to bring down inflammation all over your body and both the garlic and ginger help to fight off the presence of any bacterial or viral infections!

Meanwhile, the whole veggies provide a wide range of vitamins and minerals to nourish your body back to health quickly. (While that’s not a guarantee, it has been our experience. We make a big pot full and eat it during any mealtime.)

This delicious soup packs a serious healing punch!

Ingredients

  • 1/2 tsp turmeric
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp rosemary
  • 1 tsp thyme
  • 1 tsp sage
  • 1 tsp basil
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • Ginger (measured to your liking)
  • 1/2 onion diced
  • 2 carrots chopped
  • 2 zucchini chopped
  • 12 oyster mushrooms quartered
  • 3 medium potatoes chopped
  • 1 bunch of kale
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • Water
  • Sea Salt (to taste)
Preparation

  1. Sauté onions, garlic, and ginger in olive oil until fragrant.
  2. Add mushrooms, carrots, and zucchini. Cook until zucchini is soft enough to pierce with a fork.
  3. Add all herbs and the potatoes. Fill the pot with water, until vegetables are fully covered. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for about 45 minutes.
  4. Add kale. Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
  5. Salt to taste.
Grab a bowl and spoon and eat up all the healing benefits this wonderful soup has to offer!
 
May be an image of text


Wow this is the one I have used for years and just found this out

WHY I LIKE THEIR FLOUR STANDARDS
King Arthur flour is:
• Never bleached
• Never bromated
• Free from artificial preservatives
• Made according to the company’s non-GMO sourcing standards
They also offer certified organic flour, which means glyphosate cannot be intentionally applied to the crop under organic standards.
Even more encouraging, an independent laboratory test of King Arthur Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour found no detectable glyphosate in the sample tested.
That doesn’t guarantee every bag will always be completely free of trace pesticide residues, but it is certainly encouraging.
In a food industry increasingly dominated by enormous corporations, I appreciate seeing a company remain employee-owned and independent while maintaining higher standards for its flour.
No company is perfect, and I still say: read your labels.
But King Arthur is one company I think deserves some recognition.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Happy New Year!!!
christmas-tree
Back
Top