By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
SignUp Now!Why in the world would they give you an antidepressant for knee pain? Although, I should talk, I'm taking trazadone to sleep, and that's an antidepressant. It sure does help me sleep, though. My knees go through phases, mostly bad, but yeah, I've had nights I couldn't sleep because of the pain. Lately, the trazadone helps me sleep anyway. But still...
I actually GOT some pain pills for the abdominal pain I've been having (long story, but it's been going on for over 5 months now), and it was oxycodone, which is supposed to be super-duper, but it didn't really help. It helped me sleep, but it didn't help my pain any more than the Tylenol does. Anyway, I didn't ask for a renewal when they ran out. I'm supposed to be getting an anesthetic injection in my guts (where the adhesions and spazzed muscles are) on Monday. If it works, it will be the first time since the first of May that I won't be in severe pain. After a while, you have to get used to it, because what else can you do?
But I'm holding positive thoughts for Monday. Once the pain is gone (or less), they said they can give me stretching exercises that might help the root cause of the pain so that it's manageable in the future. We'll see. I'm not looking forward to spending the rest of my life in any kind of pain, but whatever.
Sorry if I sound like I'm having a pity party. I've been hurting bad for a long time.
I hope your Monday shot gets rid of your pain in the gut and the exercises keeps it away.I thought I should add, the injection I'm going to be getting is called a Trigger Point Injection, in case it's something your wife might want to look into at some point. I hope you both feel better. It took a couple months after my surgery before I got these adhesions, and all the icky pain. I hope your wife doesn't get them.